Eula Dees Memorial Library, Booneville 662.720.7237
Thomas L. Sweat Library, Corinth 662.696.2354
The libraries serve NEMCC by providing instructional and leisure-reading books, movies, audio/video materials, and numerous computer stations with Microsoft Office products, Internet access, on-line databases, and a variety of other products. Also available are more than 145,000 on-line books students can access with the appropriate password. The library staff is eager to give personal or group instruction to library users. If assistance is needed when the library is closed, students can contact a librarian through the 24/7 link located on the library homepage.
Northeast at Corinth hours of operation will coordinate with times of classes offered. Check the library website for hours.
Library Loan Privileges
- Regular circulation loans are for two weeks and may be renewed.
- Material placed on reserve by faculty must be used within the library during normal hours.
- Non-circulating materials (such as reference books, magazines, newspapers, and audiovisual materials) must be used in the library during normal hours.
All student/public access printers in the library are governed by a print-management system. Students receive 250 free prints each fall and spring semester (100 during summer semesters.)To print, students must log in with their NE e-mail address and use their Canvas password. Once the free copies have been used, students may pay ($0.10 per page) to add additional funds to their print accounts. People not enrolled as Northeast students must pay $0.10 per page for prints. There is no color printing.
A copy machine is available for students and non-students to use. The cost is $0.15 per copy.
- No fines are charged on overdue materials; however, students should return materials to the library on time so others can use them. A hold is placed in the Banner system on all overdue materials. As a result of the hold, students with overdue materials are not allowed to register for classes or receive their transcript, and final grades are held until materials are returned.
- Further borrowing privileges may be denied a student who has overdue items or delinquent library records.
- Lost or missing items should be reported as soon as possible to the library staff.
- Replacement fee for lost item is the current cost of the item.
- Northeast is a “tobacco free” campus. The use of tobacco products is prohibited in the libraries.
- No food or drink is permitted in the libraries.
- Cell phones must be silenced or turned off while in the libraries.
- Students are expected to work independently without constant supervision and must conduct themselves in such a manner that others will not be disrupted. Noisy or disruptive students will be asked to leave.
- The Mississippi Library Security Act of 1978 states, “It shall be unlawful for any persons to remove library materials, without authorization, from the premises wherein such materials are maintained or to retain possession of library materials without authorization. It shall be unlawful for any persons to willfully mutilate library materials.” This means that it is a violation of state law to remove books or other library materials without checking them out or to damage them by cutting out sections, writing in them, or otherwise defacing them.
- The United States Copyright Act of 1976 states that it is a crime to photocopy any and all copyrighted materials. Certain portions of copyrighted articles may be photo-duplicated for study and other educational purposes.